It’s nice and warm and what better way, for this last editorial before the holidays, than to talk about outings in the museums of the Mauricie and Center-du-Québec!
On June 7, Médiat-Muse launched the summer programming of its members by presenting the Muse-TV event. Thus, 29 museum directors, in tandem with the Médiat-Muse coordinator, had fun imagining their museum as if they were serials, films, variety shows, and so on. The time of a shoot, we became stars of the small screen. Come see our capsules on www.youtube.com/user/museestv
Are you a little more techno and own a smartphone or a tablet? Médiat-Muse has launched a brand new mobile application: www.museesauboutdesdoigts.ca. With this application you will have all the information you need to plan your trips to the Mauricie and Center-du-Québec museums, suggestions for thematic or geographic tours, a newswire that will keep you up to date with the latest exhibitions and activities As well as exclusive content to discover.
Also take part in “The Museologist’s Road”, accumulate points and win free entry into one of the institutions. You only have to sharpen your eye of expert in museology and to locate the QR codes that are hidden in the museum institutions. Everything for all tastes! Good summer!
What is www.museesauboutdesdoigts.ca?
- A presentation form for each of the museums
- Practical information to plan your visit (rates, schedule, website, etc.)
- Suggestions for thematic or geographical tours
- A newswire about the world of museums
- Exclusive content: photos of collectibles, archive images, multimedia documents and much more!The project was made possible by a grant of $ 183,000 from Canadian Heritage through the Canada Interactive Fund. It was produced by Médiat-Muse within the framework of the Regional Council of Expertise in Museology, with the support of the Ministry of Culture, Communications and the Status of Women.
The “29 museums at your fingertips” or “29 musées au bout des doigts” application is an excellent example of the strength of the network and the benefits it brings to its members. For most of them, such an achievement would be completely out of scope individually, in particular because of the costs associated with new technologies. Médiat-Muse allows its members to access the universe of mobile applications, working collectively.